The Pittsburgh Panthers enter their first game in conference play coming off a huge win last week — huge in terms of volume.
The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets enter the contest against Pitt coming off a huge win in conference play last week — huge in terms of impact.
The Panthers and Yellow Jackets square off Saturday at noon in Atlanta, both looking to establish themselves as contenders in the ACC Coastal Division.
Pitt (3-1, 0-0) throttled New Hampshire 77-7 last Saturday to close out its nonconference schedule. Quarterback Kenny Pickett threw for 403 yards and accounted for six touchdowns in the win. He has 15 touchdown passes and only one interception in the first four games of the season.
Georgia Tech (2-2, 1-1) upset then-No. 21 North Carolina 45-22 last Saturday, giving the Yellow Jackets their first win over a ranked opponent in seven tries under head coach Geoff Collins. Quarterback Jeff Sims — who was injured in the season opener — came off the bench to run for three touchdowns and throw for another.
How to watch, listen to Pitt vs. Georgia Tech football
Game time: Saturday, Oct. 2, noon
TV: ACC Network
Online live stream: ESPN Watch; fuboTV; Hulu + Live TV; Sling TV; YouTube TV
TV broadcast team: Wes Durham (play-by-play), Roddy Jones (analyst), Lericia Harris (reporter)
Radio:93.7 The Fan; Sirius Channel 111; XM Channel 193; SXM App Channel 955
Radio broadcast team: Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play), Pat Bostick (analyst), Larry Richert (reporter)
Tickets: Starting at $16 (subject to change as game time approaches); Georgia Tech; StubHub; SeatGeek; Vivid Seats
Pitt-Georgia Tech betting line, gameday stats
Odds: The Panthers are favored by 3 points as of Friday morning. Over/under is 57.5.
Rankings: Neither team is ranked in the USA TODAY Sports AFCA football coaches Top 25 poll.
Game site: Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta
Field surface: Shaw Legion NXT synthetic turf
Weather: Sunshine and clouds mixed, high of 83. Winds 5 to 10 mph. Slight chance of rain
Pitt-Georgia Tech series
The Pitt-Georgia Tech series dates back to 1918. The Yellow Jackets lead the series 10-5 and have won the last three meetings and five of the last six.
Last five meetings
- 2020: Georgia Tech, 34-20
- 2019: Georgia Tech, 20-10
- 2018: Georgia Tech, 24-19
- 2017: Pitt, 35-17
- 2016: Georgia Tech, 37-34
College football Week 4 QB rankings: Is Pitt’s Kenny Pickett next Dan Marino?
Ga Tech faces Pitt looking to build on biggest win in years
ACC race looks wide open amid No. 25 Clemson’s struggles
About the Panthers
Coach: Pat Narduzzi (7th season, 45-35)
- 2021: 3-1 (0-0 ACC)
- 2020: 6-5 (5-5 ACC)
- 2019: 8-5 (4-4 ACC)
- 2018: 7-7 (6-2 ACC)
- 2017: 5-7 (3-5 ACC)
Pitt 2021 schedule and results
- Saturday, Sept. 4: Pitt 51, UMass 7
- Saturday, Sept. 11: Pitt 41, Tennessee 34
- Saturday, Sept. 18: Western Michigan 44, Pitt 41
- Saturday, Sept. 25: Pitt 77, New Hampshire 7
- Saturday, Oct. 2: at Georgia Tech, noon
- Saturday, Oct. 16: at Virginia Tech, TBA
- Saturday, Oct. 23: vs. Clemson, TBA
- Saturday, Oct. 30: vs. Miami, TBA
- Saturday, Nov. 6: at Duke, TBA
- Thursday, Nov. 11: vs. North Carolina, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 20: vs. Virginia, TBA
- Saturday, Nov. 27: at Syracuse, TBA
About the Yellow Jackets
Coach: Geoff Collins (3rd season, 8-18)
- 2017-2018: Temple (15-10)
- 2021: 2-2 (1-1 ACC)
- 2020: 3-7 (3-6 ACC)
- 2019: 3-9 (2-6 ACC)
- 2018: 7-6 (5-3 ACC)
- 2017: 5-6 (4-4 ACC)
Georgia Tech 2021 schedule and results
- Saturday, Sept. 4: Northern Illinois 22, Georgia Tech 21
- Saturday, Sept. 11: Georgia Tech 45, Kennesaw State 17
- Saturday, Sept. 18: Clemson 14, Georgia Tech 8
- Saturday, Sept. 25: Georgia Tech 45, North Carolina 22
- Saturday, Oct. 2: vs. Pitt, noon
- Saturday, Oct. 9: at Duke, 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 23: at Virginia, TBA
- Saturday, Oct. 30: vs. Virginia Tech, TBA
- Saturday, Nov. 6: at Miami, TBA
- Saturday, Nov. 13: vs. Boston College, TBA
- Saturday, Nov. 20: at Notre Dame, 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 27: vs. Georgia, TBA