The YMCA Westmoreland County Technology Center, 424 N. Main St., Greensburg, will offer the following classes in October:
• TechGYRLS Who Code — 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Saturdays, Oct. 2, 9, 16 and 23
• Smartphones and Tablets — 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Tuesdays, Oct. 5, 12, 19 and 26
• Microsoft Excel for Beginners — 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays, Oct. 6, 13, 20 and 27
• Microsoft Word for Beginners — 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Thursdays, Oct. 7, 14, 21, and 28
• Technology for Seniors Using a Smartphone or Tablet — 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Mondays, Oct. 11, 18 and 25, and Nov. 1
• QuickBooks — 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays, Oct. 15 and 25 and Nov. 1
• Technology Q&A for Computers, Tablets, E-readers and Smartphones: 1:30 to 3 p.m. Oct. 12.
Private tutoring for computers, tablets, e-readers and smartphones is available. For details and class reservations, call 724-834-9390 or visit ywcawestmoreland.org.
• A holiday craft and vendor show will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 2 at Mack Hall at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, 200 Leger Road, North Huntingdon. Basket raffle, concession stand, 50-50 raffle and free admission and parking. Proceeds benefit the church’s Senior Youth Ministry. Details: 724-864-6364
• A spaghetti dinner will be served from 4 to 6:30 p.m. Oct. 2 in the fellowship hall at New Hope Church, Lincoln Way, North Huntingdon. Cost: $10; 12 and younger, $5. Dine in or takeout. Raffle tickets will be sold for an Italian Opportunity Basket to benefit Sage’s Army. Proceeds will benefit church mission projects. Details: 724-863-7702
• Circleville Volunteer Fire Department will host an open house from noon to 5 p.m. Oct. 3 at the firehall, 129 Robbins Station Road, North Huntingdon. There will be food trucks, a children’s fire safety trailer, kids games and a basket raffle. Safety presentations will include a fire extinguisher simulation, smoke detector safety, car seat checks, children’s fire safety and more. A vehicle extrication demonstration will be at 3:30 p.m.
• St. Barbara Parish, 111 Raymaley Road, Penn Township, will host bingo at 6:45 p.m. Oct. 6 at the church. Doors open at 5 p.m. Free daubers will be given out in observance of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Paper packages start at $27. The kitchen will be open. The venue is handicap accessible. Details: 724-744-4584
• St. Bartholomew Parish, Crabtree, will have weekly bingo at 6:30 p.m. Sundays in Marian Hall, 2537 Route 119. Doors open at 5 p.m. Masks required. Details: 724-834-0709
• Mt. Pleasant American Legion Auxiliary will hold its 91st anniversary meeting at 6 p.m. Oct. 5 at the post, 752 W. Main St., Mt. Pleasant. There will be no catered dinner. Members will order from the post kitchen. Cupcakes will be served afterward.
• Greensburg Garden Center will host its free annual meeting out, “The Magic of Fall,” at 11 a.m. Oct. 5 at the Greensburg Country Club. The program will feature floral designer and country music performer Gary Pratt. Lunch and the program will be at noon and costs $35. Reservations required. Public welcome. Reservations: 724-837-0245
• The 25th annual Hempfield-Greensburg Fire Prevention Day will be observed from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 5 at Westmoreland Mall. There will be large equipment displays, free hot dogs and drinks, live rescue demonstrations and hands-on fire extinguisher training.
• First Baptist Church and Living Hope Ministries, 131 N. Second St., Jeannette, will serve a free picnic dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs from 5 to 7 p.m. Sept. 30 in the church front courtyard. In case of rain, the event will be in the church dining hall. Bring a friend.
Submissions from nonprofit organizations for Briefly Speaking can be emailed to [email protected] Include a complete address and daytime phone number. Submissions are due at least two weeks prior to the event. Each announcement is printed once; there is no fee.