(Pocket-lint) – All the big-name retailers are expected to have plenty of savings on laptops, Chromebooks and ultraportables for Black Friday, making it a great time to grab a bargain in time for Christmas or as a treat for yourself.
We’re still some way from the Black Friday sales, but with big ticket items like a new laptop, it’s worth taking your time and ensuring that you’re going to get the best deal out there. There are usually a wide-range of choices for laptop deals in the seasonal sales with reductions from big names like Apple and Dell, as well as across Chromebooks and other models.
When is Black Friday 2021?
Black Friday will fall on 26 November 2021 and be followed by Cyber Monday on 29 November. Cyber Monday is often associated with tech deals online, but in truth, the discounts all start much earlier.
In previous years we’ve seen sales events starting in early November, giving laptop hunters a couple of weeks to see the deals and grab the device they’re after. Some savings will be limited to the Black Friday weekend, but the smart shoppers will know what they want to buy and keep an eye on the action from the middle of November onwards.
If you’re looking to save money on a laptop, keep coming back to this page as we’ll be updating it with the biggest and best laptop deals we find.
Who has the best Black Friday laptop deals?
If they sell laptops, there will almost certainly be discounted models on offer from these retailers. We’ll be highlighting the best deals below, but you can always go straight to the retailers and browse the selection to find what you want.
US laptop deals
UK laptop deals
To browse the best deals in the sales, just click the link below to jump to the section you want to view.
Best US laptop deals | Best UK laptop deals
The best Black Friday US laptop deals last year
• Acer 15.6 inch Chromebook for $206.99 ($22 off): This Chromebook has 4GB of RAM and is the perfect choice for a high schooler or college student who needs something to get their work done. View the deal at Best Buy.
• HP 14-inch Chromebook for $249: This Chromebook from HP is over half off and features a AMD A4-9120C accelerated processor and a 32GB eMMC flash memory. View the deal at Best Buy.
• Razer Blade Base Model (2019 version) – now $1,739, save a whopping $2,260: 144Hz screen, Intel Core i7-9750H CPU, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060. Check out this deal at Amazon US.
The best Black Friday UK laptop deals last year
Best laptop deals under £500
• Asus C523 15.6-inch Chromebook – now £279, £50 off (was £329): Powered by Intel Celeron and with 64 GB eMMC, and 4GB RAM, this is a robust and fairly light – 1.2kg – Chromebook for everyday basic use. Check out the Asus C523 deal at Currys.
• HP x360 14-inch 2 in 1 Chromebook – now £399, save £100 (was £499): A great 14 inch Full HD touchscreen Chromebook powered by an Intel Pentium Gold 6405U processor and with 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC. Check out this HP Chromebook deal at Currys.
• Asus Chromebook Flip C433 14-inch Full HD touchscreen laptop – now £399, save £100 (was £499): An absolute cracking deal for a convertible Chromebook with Intel Core m3, 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage. Check it out at Currys
Best laptop deals under £1,000
• Asus Chromebook Flip C436FA 14-nch Full HD touchscreen laptop – now £799.99, save £200 (was £999.99): An absolute cracking deal on a top-end Chromebook – Intel i5-10210U, 8GB RAM, 256GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD. Check it out at Amazon UK or John Lewis.
• Asus ZenBook UM433IQ Full HD 14-inch Laptop – now £798.99, save £101 (was £899.99): We do love a ZenBook and this is a top-notch example with AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, Nvidia GeForce MX350 Graphics, 8GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD and Windows 10. Check out this Asus ZenBook deal at Amazon UK.
Best laptop deals over £1,000
• Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 3.5-inch – now £1,349, save £200 (was £1,549): If you’ve been after a Surface Laptop 3 then now’s the time – Amazon has a bunch of offers on the 2019 model with some excellent hardware. This particular version features Intel’s 10th Gen Quad Core i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD and, of course, Windows 10. Check out the Surface Laptop 3 at Amazon UK.
• Dell XPS 13 9300 13.4-inch – now £1,529, save £270 (was £1,799): This version of Dell’s top-notch ultraportable comes with a massive 1TB of SSD storage. Plus there’s an Intel Core i7 under the hood as well. Check out this Dell deal at Currys PC World.
• Microsoft Surface Book 3 13.5-inch – now £1,649, save £340 (was £1,989): Amazon UK has a bunch of money off premium versions of the latest 2020 model of the 13.5-inch Surface Book. This one has Core i7 plus the add-on Nvidia graphics, 16GB of RAM and 256GB SSD though other versions are available. Check out the Surface Book at Amazon UK.
• Razer Blade Pro 17 2020 Gaming Laptop – save £5500, was £3,199.99, now £2,649.99: Full HD-300 Hz Screen, Intel Core i7 10th Gen, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD.See this deal at Amazon UK
• Razer Blade 15 Gaming Laptop (2020) – save £600, was £2,999.99, now £2,399.99: With 15.6 Inch Full HD-300 Hz, Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 S, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD. See this deal at Amazon UK
• Razer Blade Base Model (2020) – save £500, was £1,599.99, now £1,099.99: Gaming Laptop with 15.6 Inch Full HD 144 Hz Base Model, Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD. See this deal at Amazon UK
• Microsoft Surface Book 3 15-inch – now £2,279, save £420 (was £2,699): Amazon UK has money off various Surface devices including the latest Surface Book. This one has Core i7 plus the add-on Nvidia graphics, 32GB of RAM and 512GB SSD. Other versions are available. Check out the Surface Book at Amazon UK.