My awesome co-author Christine Pinto is a super amazing Kindergarten teacher. She sent out a tweet the other day with a tip on how to use my Randomize Slides Add-on for daily word review.
I have sight word slides to review daily with Ss; instead of creating 5 different decks to shuffle words, I can use her add-on!#thanksKeeler #GoogleWorkspace #ELAchat #ecechat #edugif pic.twitter.com/3fi28PBiNl
— Christine Pinto (@PintoBeanz11) October 24, 2022
Rethinking Google Slides
Presentations are typically pretty linear. You would not want to shuffle up your presentation! However, when we get creative and use Google Slides for student interactions a lot more possibilities open up.
There are many uses for shuffling your Google Slides.
Creating a Google Slides with review questions, vocabulary words, or sight words can be shuffled to have a quick warm up each day.
- Create a Google Slides presentation with the words or questions.
- Keep adding to the Google Slides as the school year goes on.
- Use the Randomize Slides Add-on by Alice Keeler to shuffle the slides. This is located in the Extensions menu in Google Slides.
- Click on Slideshow to display the first, and now random, slide to students.
- Keep adding more slides and keep randomizing!
As a user of Google Slides you want to be sure to install the mobile version to your phone or tablet. Here are 5 Tips for Mobile Google Slides
Want an easy way to celebrate student success in Google Classroom? Google Classroom Send High Fives is possible when you use Schoolytics.